by Mary Norris

🔗 Greek to Me • Click Here 🔗

• Language: english
    • Author: Mary Norris
    • Format: hardcover, 240 pages
    • Publisher: W. W. Norton Company
    • ISBN: 9781324001270 (1324001275)
    • Release date: April 2, 2019
    • Genres: memoir, travel, language, greece, history, biography, linguistics, writing

About The Book

The Comma Queen returns with a buoyant book about language, love, and the wine-dark sea.

In her New York Times bestseller Between You & Me, Mary Norris delighted readers with her irreverent tales of pencils and punctuation in The New Yorker’s celebrated copy department. In Greek to Me, she delivers another wise and funny paean to the art of self-expression, this time filtered through her greatest passion: all things Greek.

Greek to Me is a charming account of Norris’s lifelong love affair with words and her solo adventures in the land of olive trees and ouzo. Along the way, Norris explains how the alphabet originated in Greece, makes the case for Athena as a feminist icon, goes searching for the fabled Baths of Aphrodite, and reveals the surprising ways Greek helped form English. Filled with Norris’s memorable encounters with Greek words, Greek gods, Greek wine — and more than a few Greek men — Greek to Me is the Comma Queen’s fresh take on Greece and the exotic yet strangely familiar language that so deeply influences our own.

Hardback ebook Greek to Me Mary Norris download on Kobo. Paperback book Greek to Me for Mac. Hardcover Greek to Me by Mary Norris buy Android. FB2 book Greek to Me read online on IndieBound. EPUB ebook Greek to Me read.

FictionBook Greek to Me by Mary Norris download on iPhone on Barnes & Noble. PDF ebook Greek to Me Mary Norris buy cheap. MOBI book Greek to Me for PocketBook on Dymocks. MP3 Greek to Me Mary Norris download. Online ebook Greek to Me buy cheap on iOS on Booktopia.

1件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 1件目 (全1件中)
返信先: (PDF) Greek to Me by Mary Norris ~ 9781324001270
あなたの情報: