2020年11月11日 7:02 AM #11536Ryan Wenkeゲスト
What the Moon Saw
by Laura Resau
- Release date: September 12, 2006
- Awards: Arizona YA Book Award, Colorado Book Award for Young Adult (2007), Américas Award, Colorado Authors’ League (CAL) Writing Award for Middle Grade/Young Adult (2007)
- Author: Laura Resau
- Format: hardcover, 272 pages
- Language: english
- Genres: fiction, childrens, cultural, contemporary, family, juvenile
- Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
- ISBN: 9780385733434 (0385733437)
About The Book
Clara Luna’s name means “clear moon” in Spanish. But lately, her head has felt anything but clear. One day a letter comes from Mexico, written in Spanish: Dear Clara, We invite you to our house for the summer. We will wait for you on the day of the full moon, in June, at the Oaxaca airport. Love, your grandparents.
Fourteen-year-old Clara has never met her father’s parents. She knows he snuck over the border from Mexico as a teenager, but beyond that, she knows almost nothing about his childhood. When she agrees to go, she’s stunned by her grandparents’ life: they live in simple shacks in the mountains of southern Mexico, where most people speak not only Spanish, but an indigenous language, Mixteco.
The village of Yucuyoo holds other surprises, too — like the spirit waterfall, which is heard but never seen. And Pedro, an intriguing young goatherder who wants to help Clara find the waterfall. Hearing her grandmother’s adventurous tales of growing up as a healer awakens Clara to the magic in Yucuyoo, and in her own soul. What The Moon Saw is an enchanting story of discovering your true self in the most unexpected place.
MP3 What the Moon Saw buy. MOBI ebook What the Moon Saw Laura Resau download for PC on Dymocks. Online book What the Moon Saw by Laura Resau on Bookshop. Hardback What the Moon Saw read online iOS.