2020年11月4日 12:31 AM #10386James Maiゲスト
The Summer Isles
A Voyage of the Imagination
by Philip Marsden
- Author: Philip Marsden
- ISBN: 9781783782994 (1783782994)
- Release date: October 8, 2019
- Awards: The Royal Society of Literature Ondaatje Prize Nominee for Longlist (2020)
- Places: Summer Isles, Scotland, Hebrides, Scotland, Ireland
- Publisher: Granta Books
- Characters: Grace O’Malley, Ted Hughes, Saint Columba, Seamus Heaney, W.B. Yeats
- Genres: travel, scotland, ireland, history, nature, travelogue
- Language: english
- Format: hardcover, 352 pages
About The Book
From the acclaimed author of Rising Ground, this is the story of a sea voyage to the Summer Isles, an enticing, periodically inhabited archipelago off the Scottish Highlands. To reach them, Marsden must head north, sailing a course along the exposed and exhilarating western coasts of Ireland and Scotland. It is a course that has been followed for centuries by explorers and adventurers, fishermen and monks, all drawn to the western seas and their distant horizons. But as much as the journey of men, this book is about the journey of ideas: of nostalgia and a very particular kind of geographical yearning; of a culture and language that has been shaped by its dramatic topography; of the local legend and lore that live on to this day.
Combining travel writing, memoir and cultural history, The Summer Isles is a book about the search for real places, for imagined places, and for places that might always exist somewhere in between.
Hardcover The Summer Isles Philip Marsden read for PocketBook on Amazon. Online ebook The Summer Isles. TXT book The Summer Isles by Philip Marsden download on Kindle. EPUB book The Summer Isles buy cheap on Book Depository. FB2 ebook The Summer Isles by Philip Marsden on Dymocks.