2020年11月4日 4:01 AM #10411Amy Duffゲスト
by Jennifer Egan
- Publisher: Scribner
- Author: Jennifer Egan
- Release date: October 3, 2017
- Awards: National Book Award Nominee for Fiction (2017), Women’s Prize for Fiction Nominee for Longlist (2018), Andrew Carnegie Medal for Fiction (2018), Walter Scott Prize Nominee (2018), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Historical Fiction (2017)
- Genres: fiction, historical, novels, adult
- Places: Brooklyn, New York City, New York
- Language: english
- Characters: Anna Kerrigan, Eddie Kerrigan, Dexter Styles
- Format: hardcover, 438 pages
- ISBN: 9781476716732 (1476716730)
About The Book
Anna Kerrigan, nearly twelve years old, accompanies her father to visit Dexter Styles, a man who, she gleans, is crucial to the survival of her father and her family. She is mesmerized by the sea beyond the house and by some charged mystery between the two men.
Years later, her father has disappeared and the country is at war. Anna works at the Brooklyn Naval Yard, where women are allowed to hold jobs that once belonged to men, now soldiers abroad. She becomes the first female diver, the most dangerous and exclusive of occupations, repairing the ships that will help America win the war. One evening at a nightclub, she meets Dexter Styles again, and begins to understand the complexity of her father’s life, the reasons he might have vanished.
With the atmosphere of a noir thriller, Egan’s first historical novel follows Anna and Styles into a world populated by gangsters, sailors, divers, bankers, and union men. Manhattan Beach is a deft, dazzling, propulsive exploration of a transformative moment in the lives and identities of women and men, of America and the world.
MOBI book Manhattan Beach Jennifer Egan. TXT Manhattan Beach read for iPhone on Audible. MP3 ebook Manhattan Beach download on PocketBook. FB2 book Manhattan Beach by Jennifer Egan buy cheap on IndieBound. EPUB Manhattan Beach read online on Booktopia.